Thursday, April 3, 2014

Dorothea Lange Response Contact Sheets

In my Dorothea Lange photo shoot which I have previously taken for my AS Photography task, I tried different backgrounds and experimented with a variety of angels to try and capture the emotion the figure is portraying. I asked the model to demonstrate sadness as Dorothea Lange captured in her photographs the Great Depression and how the elements effected people. In addition to this, I wanted the model to wear simple clothing in this shoot as the figures in Dorothea Lange's photographs could not afford nice clothing during the Great Depression time.




In my second photo shoot, I tried to re create one of Dorothea Lange's famous photograph of the young boy who is forced to work under hard conditions in a farm and you can tell in his face when he is looking at a distance that he does not want to be working and wants to live his American dream or possibly in school having an education. I took these pictures in a field background to show land and got the figure to demonstrate the same pose as the model in Lange's photograph. I captured this through different angles.



No comments:

Post a Comment